4.4 — Products Liability — Class Content
Thursday, April 29, 2021 and Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Chs. 6 in Cooter and Ulen, 2012, Law & Economics
- Ch. 3 excerpts from Miceli, 2004, Economic Analysis of Law
The economic model of a risky product comes from Thomas Miceli’s textbook. Unfortunately, it is not in our textbook by Cooter & Ulen. So I have posted the relevant excerpt from the Miceli textbook.
- MacPherson v. Buick (1916) [ Wikipedia] [ Opinion]
- Escola v. Coca-Cola Bottling Co. (1944) [ Wikipedia] [ Opinion]
- Henningsen v. Bloomfield Motors, Inc. (1960) [ Wikipedia] [ Opinion]
Problem Set 3 is due by PDF upload to Blackboard Assignments by 11:59 PM EST Sunday May 9th.