2.6 — Intellectual Property — Class Content
Thursday, March 11, 2021
Continuing on addressing what an efficient property system would look like, having already discussed remedies, we examine several other questions: what can and can’t owners do with their property and how are new property rights established.
- Ch. 5.II-IV in Cooter and Ulen, 2012, Law & Economics
- Safner, 2021, “Honor Among Thieves”
- Hesse, 2002, “The rise of intellectual property, 700 b.c.–a.d. 2000: an idea in the balance”
Optional but Useful Reading
- Last Week Tonight: Patents (2015)
- Nordhaus, 2004, “Schumpeterian Profits in the American Economy: Theory and Measurement”
- Ch. 5 in Friedman, 2000, Law’s Order
There will be a required discussion board due by Sunday March 21.