2.5 — Property Acquisition and Use — Class Content
Thursday, March 4, 2021
Continuing on addressing what an efficient property system would look like, having already discussed remedies, we examine several other questions: what can and can’t owners do with their property and how are new property rights established.
- Ch. 5.II-IV in Cooter and Ulen, 2012, Law & Economics
- Ch. 5 in Friedman, 2000, Law’s Order
Optional but Useful Reading
- Boomer v. Atlantic Cement Co.
- Boomer v. Atlantic Cement Co. (Opinion of the Court)
- Hammonds v. Central Kentucky Natural Gas Co. (Opinion of the Court)
- Homestead Acts
- Ploof v. Putnam (Opinion of the Court)